The Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy seeks an energetic and experienced Operations Manager to provide accounting and financial management, member/donor database administration and office management services for an architectural preservation membership organization. Our mission is to facilitate the preservation of the remaining structures designed by Frank Lloyd Wright through education, advocacy, preservation easements and technical services. Our activities involve Wright homeowners, Wright house museums and public sites, architects, architectural historians, preservationists, and architecture enthusiasts.
The Operations Manager will:
- process all revenue (membership, contributions, events registrations), prepare payments and payroll
- maintain financial records and generate financial reports
- provide general assistance in support of conferences and events and follow-up in coordination with Communications and Events Director
- process and enter member and donor data, maintain date quality and serve as member/donor database administrator
- prepare member renewal letters and membership/contribution acknowledgements
- generate mailing lists and member/donor reports
- coordinate IT services with an external IT provider
- negotiate office services vendor contracts and maintain office supplies
- serve as first point of contact for telephone inquiries
- function as coordinator of all aspects of listing service for Wright properties for sale
- work closely with Executive Director and Communications and Events Director
Downtown Chicago Loop location. Salary plus health insurance benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as bookkeeper/accountant and broad general office experience
- Donor/CRM database experience
- Proven meticulous and detailed follow-through
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple roles
- Comfortable in a small office environment
- QuickBooks, GiftWorks and nonprofit experience preferred
Please submit application, resume and cover letter with your salary requirements to HR [at] savewright.org. No phone calls please. Due to the large number of inquiries, it will not be possible to acknowledge responses, but we appreciate your interest.
View the complete Operations Manager job description
Download employment application