Phoenix, AZ 1959
Designed to blend in with the curves of the surrounding desert mountain, overlapping concentric circles create a floor plan that flows seamlessly from one room to another while every room takes in unobstructed views of Palm Canyon and the city below. Curved walls, clad in golden hued Philippine mahogany cover the three bedrooms and hallway, reflecting the natural light of Palm Canyon. Entertaining spaces flow outside to patios and a crescent-shaped pool. The house was built in the late 1960s by Wright apprentice John Rattenbury, who was involved in its design with Wright from its inception. Updates were made in 1994 by the current owner and approved by the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation. Finishes include stainless wrapped kitchen counters, honed Italian rose marble in master bath, handpicked slate floors from India and the original windows.
For more information:theagencyre.com/listing/sl1806154-6836-n-36th-street-palm-canyon