Introduced in 1991, the Wright Spirit Award recognizes efforts of extraordinary individuals who have preserved the legacy of Frank Lloyd Wright through their tireless dedication and persistent efforts.
Nominations must conform to the procedures outlined below to be considered for a Wright Spirit Award. All nominations will become the property of the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy and will not be returned.
The Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy reserves the right not to present an award in one or all of the categories during a given year.
Private - To honor original or subsequent Frank Lloyd Wright homeowners who have rescued a building or have demonstrated outstanding stewardship in its conservation.
Professional - To honor individuals who through architectural, scholarly or other endeavors, have advanced the knowledge and increased the appreciation of the work of Frank Lloyd Wright.
Public Domain - To honor organizations or individuals who have promoted Frank Lloyd Wright’s works in the public arena or who have rescued a public building.
Special Honors - To honor outstanding individuals or organizations whose work represents a unique contribution to the preservation of the legacy of Frank Lloyd Wright.
- A completed nomination form.
- A concise description of the project, program, organization, or individual that is being nominated.
- Five (minimum) digital images at a minimum resolution of 300 dpi. All images must be labeled, in focus, and properly exposed, and include a credit line for publication.
- Images should illustrate various aspects of the project or program, such as before and after results, exterior views from a variety of angles, and interior shots. Significant architectural details should be identified with close-up shots.
- Nominations for individual achievement must include at least one head shot of the nominee. The balance should illustrate the body of work for which the individual is being nominated.
- No more than five supporting documents, such as newspaper or journal articles or brochures should be submitted.
- No more than five letters of recommendation may be submitted. A Listing of any awards received may also be included.
- If mailing a nomination, please submit five copies. Nominations can be submitted by email.
- Incomplete nominations will not be considered and will be returned to the nominator.